Lesson 1/English in Mind book2
Read the text on page 10 and answer the questions.
- The book was so interesting that he read it three times.
- I didn’t enjoy the film last night-it was very dull.
- I don’t like that painting at all-I think it’s realy ugly.
- Those sunglasses are great-you look really cool in them!
- Next week we’re going to Florida on holiday-we’re all very excited.
- I told him all about myself but I don’t think he was intersted in listening to me.
1. A: I’m going to take scuba-diving lessons.
B: Oh? Well, I think you should ask parents first.
2. A: Ellie and osh are hungry-again!
B: Well, perhaps they should eat more breakfast in the mornings.
3. A: Are you worried about the test tomorrow?
B: Yes, a bit, I think I should be more relaxed about it.
4. A: Let’s go for a walk in the park.
B: No, it’s almost dark. We shouldn’t go this evening.
5. A: I’ve got a really bad cold.
B: Yes, you have. You shouldn’t go to school today.
6. A: I don’t know why he’s so angry white me.
B: It’s because you were rude to him. You should be more polite, you know.
1. A: Have you ever seen the Eiffel Tower?
B: No, I’ve never been to France.
2. A: Have you ever tried scuba-diving?
B: No, I have never swum in the sea.
3. A: Have you ever stayed awake for 24 hours?
B: No, and I’ve never slept for 24 hours!
4. A: I’ve never eaten Japanese food.
B: Really? So, you have never tried sushi?
- Una says horrible things about people, she’s so unfriendly.
- Robbie never gets nervous before a test-he’s always relaxed.
- Lucy never does any work, she’s so lazy.
- peggy’s very polite, she always says please and thank you.
- Mike’s a unfrendly boy, he never laughs or smiles.
- Don’t belive anything that Debbie says, she’s very dishonest.
- Dave is really hard-working, there are books and magazines everywhere on his desk!
- Everybody likes Frank, es’s very kind.
What did they invent? Read the text and answer the questions.page 12
Exercise 2/c,d,page 13